Acuity Brands’ Latest Report Details Progress on Net Zero Goal
December 9, 2022
Atlanta-based Acuity Brands, Inc. released its fourth annual EarthLIGHT Report on its Fiscal Year 2022 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) accomplishments, announcing its new ESG targets, and sharing progress on its ongoing initiatives.
“Our businesses develop technology that can help save our customers energy and reduce their carbon emissions,” said Neil M. Ashe, Chairman, President & CEO of Acuity Brands. “I am proud of our Fiscal 2022 ESG results and pleased to share our progress in our EarthLIGHT report.”
Acuity has reaffirmedw its commitment to achieving Net Zero by 2040. To accomplish that goal, Acuity plans to work with the Science-Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) to establish new interim targets to further reduce its Scope 1, 2, and 3 carbon emissions.
“We are positioned at the intersection of sustainability and technology so that we can capitalize on two mega-trends — minimizing the impacts of climate change, and maximizing the impacts of technology,” Ashe stated. “Today, Acuity has also signed The Climate Pledge as part of our ambitious goal of achieving Net Zero emissions by 2040. We expect that our progress will have many benefits for our associates, customers, and the communities in which we live and work.”
Key Accomplishments in the 2022 EarthLIGHT Report:
- Acuity’s plans to achieve carbon neutrality by 2040 by continued innovation in its energy-efficient products and technologies, increased efficiency and use of renewable energy in its operations, and other activities.
- Acuity’s progress on its goal of avoiding 100 million metric tons of carbon emissions, as a result of its projected 2020-2030 sales of products and services replacing older technologies.
- Enhancements to Acuity’s Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) program.
- Advancements in Acuity’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) strategy and further evolution of the Company’s values-driven culture.
- Introduction of solutions such as the new sustainability and ESG reporting features of Atrius® Building Insights.
- Continued advancement of Acuity’s governance practices.
For more information and to download a copy of the Fiscal 2022 EarthLIGHT report, click here.