January 18, 2024
Greenville SC US
Current has completed the acquisition of Hubbell® Incorporated’s commercial and industrial (C&I) lighting business, creating a premier end-to-end lighting solutions business.
This brought together two iconic businesses with deep innovation heritage, strong brands and application expertise and allows Current to be strategically positioned to now focus all investments into lighting and controls solutions. We have an enhanced distribution footprint and digital tools to service customer needs more easily, quickly and efficiently, and strong new product pipelines and shared patented technologies to deliver added value to customers.
Primary office locations are Cleveland, OH and Greenville, SC, with centers of expertise locations in Austin, TX, Rolling Meadows, IL and Quebec, Canada. Manufacturing operations reside in Hendersonville, NC, Pittsburgh, PA, Plympton, MA, Christiansburg, VA, Acuna, MX and Tijuana, MX.
The Lighting Industry & Education Liaison is a diverse role that represents the Current brand as a lighting, controls, and software industry expert, thought leader and lighting conglomerate of choice. This role will be a part of the marketing team aligning their efforts with the overall Current marketing strategy and plan. They will collaborate cross-functionally with leadership, commercial sales, and product management teams to develop a robust plan for reaching targeted personas. Through industry insights and engagement this role will drive Current thought leadership through education.
This role will present and delight a broad range of channel partners, specifiers, and contractors across our multi-faceted training platform. The Lighting Industry & Education Liaison will monitor and articulate emerging trends, market intelligence and be highly connected throughout the lighting industry allowing us to provide this added value to channel partners and customers when they visit our facilities. This individual will transform and elevate the experience delivered at our Institute training facilities, the centerpiece of brand, product, and technology education at Current. This role reports to the Director of Channel Marketing and Training.
- Create a training environment for visitors that provides an interactive and engaging customer experience in conjunction with our channel partners increasing their technical knowledge of Current’s industry leading brands and portfolio of solutions.
- Own the Lighting Institute curriculum development for classroom and online training including accredited continuing education (CEU) courses and BlueVolt.
- Develop, track, and reconcile the annual budget based on maintaining training facilities, hospitality events and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Energized by customer engagement and can effectively optimize the opportunity to capture VOC and provide real-time feedback to the organization.
- Continuous improvement advocate searching for innovative training methods, techniques and technology that improve the overall customer experience.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the lighting industry, go to market channels and personas with ability to customize training methods and techniques that target specifiers, designers, architects, engineers, and contractors to name a few.
- The Lighting Industry & Education Liaison will represent Current at industry events, conferences, and trade shows and supplementing for guest speaker roles in conjunction with our leadership team.
- Responsible for establishing clear KPIs to both track and measure performance and ensure outcomes yield greater ROI.
This position is located at Current’s Greenville, SC headquarters. Periodic travel to support remote training and industry events is required. This role requires 4 days a week in the office with 1 day remote.
- BS degree in relevant field and 9+ years lighting related experience a plus; MBA preferred.
- Lighting Certification (LC) from NCQLP a plus
- Additional License and Certifications: Professional Engineer (PE), LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) preferred.
- Participating member of industry associations such as IES with leadership involvement such a chair or board member preferred.
- Candidate must have a solid technical understanding of lighting and its related subjects including light and energy, vision, electricity, various light sources, optics, and lighting control systems.
- Sales and/or product marketing experience in lighting and/or lighting controls preferred.
- Project management experience managing multiple deadlines across a broad scope of projects.
- Experiencing managing a robust calendar, schedule, and itinerary with numerous stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to share Current’s brand story and who we are as an organization and well-versed discussing product specification. When talking about product, ability to articulate a product’s features, advantages, and benefits during a customer presentation.
- Candidate must have polished verbal and non-verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate technical material in a large classroom environment.
- Candidate must have the ability to create and deliver presentations utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint as well as operate audio/video equipment to support training activities.
- 35% travel to support remote training and industry events is required.
The position has a compensation package inclusive of base, bonus (if eligible), benefits, 401k contribution, time off, recognition awards and more. This salary range is $125,000-$150,000.
Benefits and Perks
All around competitive culture where together we strive to:
- Approach each day with a tenacious curiosity
- Communicate openly and honestly- internally and externally
- Work hard, take risks, fail fast…learn and move on
- Embrace diversity and welcome opposing thoughts
- Empower and develop each other
- We have an open and inclusive culture where you’ll learn and grow through programs and resources like:
- Quarterly company all employee meetings
- Management and Leadership development
- Initiatives and special projects with executive leadership exposure
- Access to top-notch learning courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Regular manager check-ins to drive performance and career growth
Our more standard benefits
- Full-time exempt roles have a Permissive Time Off Policy, giving you flexibility to rest, relax and recharge away from work
- Paid Company Holidays
- A comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, life, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement program with a fully vested immediate company match
- Flexible Spending Account options for pre-tax employee allocations
Current is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. At Current, we are Always On and working to improve lives with the industry’s most expansive portfolio of sustainable advanced lighting and intelligent controls that reliably meet our customers’ needs. Learn more at CurrentLighting.com
More information available here