Draft DLC Surveillance Testing Policy Update Released for Comment
August 9, 2021
The DLC is pleased to release the following draft update to the Surveillance Testing Policy as Version SSL 5.1. This draft will replace the current Surveillance Testing Policy and is being referred to as ‘SSL V5.1’ to indicate its alignment with the V5.1 SSL Technical Requirements. This proposed update only addresses recent changes to the SSL Technical Requirements, with a proposed effective date of October 1, 2021. Please submit all comments using the V5.1 Surveillance Comment Form to email@example.com by Friday, August 27, 2021.
The DLC is proposing to modify portions of the Surveillance Testing Policy in order to align surveillance testing and evaluation with the recently released SSL Technical Requirements V5.1.
In the future, the DLC intends to merge the Surveillance Testing Policy language with the Technical Requirements policies rather than maintaining a separate document. Future revisions of the Technical Requirements documents will include subsections that address surveillance testing. For that reason, only certain sections of this policy are being modified at this time.
New or modified language is called out in the draft with yellow boxes for ease of review.
Key changes in the draft are noted below:
1. Section C. Invoice and Procurement
- The DLC is proposing to extend the invoice payment period in response to stakeholder feedback. The draft also clarifies the expectations and options for procurement, including how to address procurement of long lead time items.
2. Section D. Product Testing and Evaluation
- The DLC has removed the requirement for testing linear replacement lamps in a reference housing. Consistent with V5.1, only the bare lamp test will be used to evaluate lamps selected for surveillance testing.
- Tolerances and metrics in Table 1 and Table 2 have been updated to reflect the V5.1 Technical Requirements.
The DLC is seeking stakeholder input through the Surveillance Testing Policy SSL V5.1 Comment Form before releasing the final Policy in September 2021. Please submit all comments using the linked Comment Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 27, 2021.